We have an opportunity to advance your Pharmacy Technician career in Olean, NY! Retail workers in the pharmacy world, if you have ever considered joining a hospital setting, apply today. No Nights or Weekends!
The Pharmacy Technician & IT Analyst role will work onsite at Olean General Hospital and provide support as well to Cuba Memorial Hospital and Bradford Regional Medical Center. The position will manage and resolve issues in an automated medication dispensing system called Pyxis.
- Monday - Friday
- 8am - 4:30pm
This position encompasses three functionalities: 50% Information Technology (IT) Analyst, 25% Pharmacy Buyer, and 25% Pharmacy Technician
- The Pharmacy IT Analyst functions as a pharmacy resource responsible for providing technical support in the implementation and maintenance of hospital and pharmacy information systems, databases and technology. The Pharmacy IT Analyst will function as a pharmacy technical subject matter expert in the use of pharmacy automation as well as coordinate and support implementation of new and existing technology equipment, software, and databases.
- The Pharmacy Buyer, under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, performs inventory management activities that ensure adequate stocks of medications, purchasing contract compliance, effective cost management, and compliance with laws and regulations.
- The Pharmacy Technician assists pharmacist in preparing and distributing medications, maintaining drug inventory and maintenance of records to ensure effective patient care.
Why Join CompleteRx?
At CompleteRx, we believe healthcare should be about serving others. That's why our mission is to deliver better care and better service, through innovation. The goal of our exceptional teams is to perform like champions. This means we are committed to being the best at delivering quality care to the patients we serve. Each team member's dedication is essential to meeting and exceeding the needs of our patients and families.
What You Will Do
- Ensures pharmacy databases are accurate and current
- Functions as a pharmacy liaison coordinating pharmacy information system activities with the hospital IT department, other hospital departments, vendors and other external customers as needed
- Completes technology projects on time, within budget, and with a high level of quality
- Utilizes data provided through pharmacy systems as well as data mining software (e.g., Rx-Auditor, Knowledge Portal, etc.) to generate reports and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for leadership
- Maintains KPI dashboards for areas of responsibility
- Trains staff and users of pharmacy information and dispensing technology
- Maintains proper level of goods based upon historical and experiential knowledge
- Controls spending to keep expenditures at or below pharmacy budget
- Explains all pharmacy purchasing related questions with accuracy and acquired knowledge
- Procures or facilitates the procurement of medications for patients as prescribed by a licensed professional to ensure proper patient treatment/care at all times
- Maintains skill sets, credentials, and licensing requirements needed to perform the necessary job functions at a high level
- Act as a subject matter expert for the department and CompleteRx, Ltd.
What You Will Need
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Possess current registered pharmacy technician in the State of New York
- Possess current National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Minimum of 3 years as a CPhT in an inpatient hospital setting preferred
- 1-2 years of previous pharmacy buying experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years of automation experience including ADC (Pyxis preferred), Pharmacy Operating Systems (Meditech preferred), database management, reporting analytics and report writing preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
As an employee of CompleteRx, your commitment to learning will be encouraged and supported through ongoing training and professional development. We nurture a collaborative, high performance culture and offer a challenging career along with a comprehensive benefit package.
- Medical, dental, vision: As a healthcare leader, we know how important it is to have good coverage. Employees can tailor the right combination of plans to fit their needs.
- Flexible spending account: We offer flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care. Employees can use this benefit to build up savings for eligible expenses.
- Vacation and sick time: Eligible employees enjoy generous time off.
- Continuing education: Eligible employees have access to a full complement of continuing-education courses as well as a wide variety of career development opportunities.
- 401(k) plans: CompleteRx provides a 401(k) plan with match.
- License Reimbursement
- Short and Long Term Disability
Founded in 1998 as a service-driven organization with a strong sense of community, CompleteRx embarked on a strategy to become the employer of choice in hospital pharmacy management and consulting. Since our founding we believe our success has been driven by our employees who are our most valuable resources. We believe the very best outcomes are accomplished when all employees share a sense of mutual ownership for successful results and where each employee accepts personal accountability for their individual contributions. These beliefs are the core of our Team Covenant which guides all of our actions to the patients we care for, hospitals we support and fellow employees we work alongside of.
CompleteRx is an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice.