CompleteRx has an exciting opportunity for a Pharmacy Buyer! This position will provide patient care at Moore County Hospital District located in Dumas, TX; a 25-bed facility. If you have purchasing experience within a hospital, long-term care, or nursing home, consider applying today.
We are looking for someone who thrives on overcoming obstacles and has a track record of dealing with medication shortages. This position will be responsible for ensuring we maintain and stay within budget. You will also have the opportunity to work as a pharmacy technician and assist the pharmacy with various tasks.
Moore County Hospital District (MCHD) is an award winning critical access hospital located in the High Plains of Texas in the town of Dumas. With a strong focus on patient care and a well-known reputation, you can achieve a fulfilling career.
- Monday - Friday
- 8am - 5pm
The Pharmacy Buyer is responsible for procuring medications and supplies from appropriate sources and ensuring proper storage to maintain their quality and integrity. Under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, the individual performs inventory management activities that ensure adequate stocks of medications, purchasing contract compliance, effective cost management, and compliance with laws and regulations.
What You Will Do
- Procures or facilitates the procurement of medications for patients as prescribed by a licensed professional to ensure proper patient treatment/care at all times.
- Maintains proper level of goods based upon historical and experiential knowledge Controls spending in order to keep expenditures at or below pharmacy budget.
- Prevents avoidable drug stock-outs.
- Explains all pharmacy purchasing related questions with accuracy and acquired knowledge.
Inventory Management: (Ensures adequate medication supplies, purchasing contract compliance, accurate billing, and compliance with laws and regulations)
- Coordinates the ordering, receiving, unpacking and storing of pharmaceuticals and supplies in appropriate locations and under proper storage conditions.
- Processes and arranges for final disposition of unusable medication and supply inventory from outdates, recalls, discontinuations through manufacturers, wholesalers and related parties.
- Assists in setting inventory par levels necessary to meet patient needs in regards to historical usage, clinical reviews of patient mix and disease states, and financial
- parameters. Monitors stock levels of medications and supplies.
- Monitors purchasing statistics (g. inventory turns, positive and negative inventory events).
- Maintains appropriate information sources for pharmaceuticals and related supplies to facilitate appropriate inventory management through print, electronic and other media.
- Coordinates and facilitates special purchase requests (g. non-formulary medications, office supplies, etc.) and assist pharmacy staff in compliance with non-formulary medication policies and procedures.
- Arranges for after-hours or off-site delivery of critically required medications and supplies in coordination with the Director of Pharmacy and pharmacy staff.
Regulatory Compliance: (Maintain professional competencies)
- Maintain current CPhT designation for current Ensures applicable CE records and certification/licensure are maintained.
- Complete and pass all competency/skills assessment requirements
- Attend all required department meetings, orientation and training Review literature and other materials pertinent to the practice of pharmacy.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of patient, visitor, and employee Complies with HIPAA Privacy Rule standards.
- Attend all required medical center safety, security, fire and infection prevention and control training and education as required.
End of Month Reporting
- Prepare and submit an end of month report detailing wholesaler, IV and other purchasing
- Detail average daily census, total daily census and any other measurements or data deemed appropriate and necessary.
- Process Department charges
- Process Revenue Reports
- Audit CII and CIII-V Invoices to ensure complete
- Log DEA CSOS #’s on DEA log
- Audit Wholesaler/ADM Vault controlled substance
- Process Wholesaler reports (g. 340B/GPO and 340B/WAC)
Revenue and Financial Management
- Maintain Charge Add/Delete charge codes for medications that have been added to Formulary
- Review Charge Master monthly for price changes or deletions
- Monitor Hospital computer system to ensure charge codes updated and entered
- Add/inactivate Charge Codes
- Maintains logs, records and other required documentation accurately and on a timely Files in appropriate locations.
- Maintain borrow/loan notebook
- Maintain facility’s current drug shortage tracking list and notifies Director of Pharmacy accordingly
- Prepares and maintains inventory records as required by medical center policies and procedures and consistent with state, federal and local laws and regulations.
- Prepares purchasing, return and related inventory management reports and data accurately and on a timely basis.
- Provides pharmacy staff with appropriate data reports as
- Provides pharmacy staff with education, training and support regarding inventory management
- Conducts quality monitors, collects data and completes documentation related to the inventory management process as assigned.
- Maintains training and functions as a pharmacy technician when
- Answers the door and assists pharmacy staff in delivery of STAT medication orders as
- Adheres to the CompleteRx, LTD Team Covenant
What You Will Need
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Possess current Pharmacy Technician registration in the State of Texas.
- Minimum of 3 years as certified pharmacy technician in an inpatient hospital setting preferred
- 1-2 years of previous pharmacy buying experience preferred
- Experience with automatic dispensing machines; barcode scanners; repackaging machines; carts/trays/bins
- Documentation of current vaccinations: Hepatitis B, pertussis, TB, influenza, MMR, Varicella
- Intermediate MS Excel training
- Prior experience utilizing wholesaler purchasing systems
- Prior experience with 340B and USP 797 regulations preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
As an employee of CompleteRx, your commitment to learning will be encouraged and supported through ongoing training and professional development. We nurture a collaborative, high performance culture and offer a challenging career along with a comprehensive benefit package.
- Medical, dental, vision: As a healthcare leader, we know how important it is to have good coverage. Employees can tailor the right combination of plans to fit their needs.
- Flexible spending account: We offer flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care. Employees can use this benefit to build up savings for eligible expenses.
- Vacation and sick time: Eligible employees enjoy generous time off.
- Continuing education: Eligible employees have access to a full complement of continuing-education courses as well as a wide variety of career development opportunities.
- 401(k) plans: CompleteRx provides a 401(k) plan with match.
- License Reimbursement
- Short and Long Term Disability
Founded in 1998 as a service-driven organization with a strong sense of community, CompleteRx embarked on a strategy to become the employer of choice in hospital pharmacy management and consulting. Since our founding we believe our success has been driven by our employees who are our most valuable resources. We believe the very best outcomes are accomplished when all employees share a sense of mutual ownership for successful results and where each employee accepts personal accountability for their individual contributions. These beliefs are the core of our Team Covenant which guides all of our actions to the patients we care for, hospitals we support and fellow employees we work alongside of.
CompleteRx is an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice.